PETERCHURCH PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of Parish Council Meeting PPC/MH/132 held on
Tuesday 16th April 2019 at 19.15 hrs in the Village Hall
Councillors Paul Clarke (Chairman), Sarah Murrin, Maurice Church, Robert Metcalfe, Brendan Treanor and David Morgan.
In attendance…. Three members of the public.
1. Apologies for absence – Rosemary Quelch and Richard Gaze.
2. Declarations of interest & written dispensation requests.
2.1 No declarations were submitted.
3. Minutes of previous meeting … 19th March 2019
3.1 It was RESOLVED to adopt the minutes as a true record. The minutes were signed by the Chairman.
4. Open session
4.1 West Mercia Police…There was no representative from West Mercia Police present
4.2 Ward Councillor Philip Price was not present.
4.3 Lengthsman Report – The Clerk confirmed that a copy of the Lengthsman’s insurance certificate had been received and that dog fouling signs had been delivered and erected.
4.4 Local Residents’ Issues
4.4.1 It was RESOLVED that the clerk would contact the Locality Steward to report the poor state of repair of the Fairfield’s track.
4.4.2 It was RESOLVED that the clerk would also ask the Locality Steward to investigate whether drainage would be affected by the concreting over of a yard at Cheshire’s Turn
4.4.3 It was RESOLVED that the clerk would seek clarification from the Locality Steward on the ownership of the drain outside Bufton’s garage.
4.4.4 It was RESOLVED that the clerk would consult DVLA regarding the car abandoned on a public space at Hinton.
5.1 Comments on applications to be determined by Herefordshire Council:
5.1.1 Application – 190926– The Green, Dorstone, Hereford, HR2 6BG – Erection of a single storey extension to form a sun roof. The Chairman reported that Historic England had offered no objections to the proposed sun roof as it would be obscured from Snodhill Castle. On this basis the Parish Council agreed unanimously to support the application and it was RESOLVED that the clerk would respond to the LPA accordingly.
5.2 The Chairman briefed councillors that he had, with the clerk’s support, completed two NDP questionnaires received from Herefordshire Council seeking information on the potential timescale for delivery of the sites at Hawthorn Rise and Closure Place.
6.1 The bank balances as at 27st March 2019:
6.1.1 Business Bank Instant account … £29,118.30
6.1.2 Treasurers Account … £2,233.06
6.2 After discussion it was RESOLVED that outstanding invoices from Countrywide Grounds Maintenance would be settled. It was also RESOLVED that the clerk would seek further information (dates and worksheets) from Terry Griffiths before the payment against any unpaid invoices would be authorised.
6.3 It was RESOLVED to make payments on the submitted schedule.
7. Highways …No issues were raised.
8. Traffic Related Issues in the Village- No specific issues were raised but it was noted that speeding vehicles remain an issue for the village
9. Issues at Closure Place – Councillors Sarah Murrin and Brendan Treanor reported on the meeting held with representatives from Herefordshire Housing on the 27th March 2019 during which issues relating to Closure Place were raised. It was RESOLVED that the clerk would contact Herefordshire Housing for an update against the actions agreed at the meeting.
10. Parish Council Elections – The clerk reported that 7 candidates have been nominated for the 9 Parish Council seats meaning that there would be no requirement for a contested election.
11. Footpaths – No issues were raised.
12. Playing Field- As the exam period is imminent it was RESOLVED that the clerk would write to Fairfield School to ask that pupils behave responsibly when present in the playing field.
13. Failed Streetlights – It was confirmed that streetlights 1 & 4 plus the one located outside no 31 Closure Place were still not operational. It was RESOLVED that the clerk would write to Balfour Beatty asking that the necessary repairs are made.
14. Parish Council Land Deeds – It was RESOLVED that the clerk would arrange with local solicitors the registration of the deeds, but a hardcopy would be retained.
15. Matters raised for the next meeting on Tuesday 21st May 2019 – None
The Chairman closed the meeting at 20.25 hrs