Minutes of an Extraordinary Parish Council Meeting PPC/MH/160 held in the village hall on
Wednesday 13th October 2021 at 19.00 hrs.
Councillors David Morgan, Brendan Treanor, John Burgess, Robert Metcalfe, Emma Thacker-Vuts and Samantha Metcalfe.
In attendance. No members of the public were present.
- Apologies for absence – Councillors Johnny Scrimgeour and Anna Coda.
- Declarations of interest & written dispensation requests – None
- Arrangements for a Proposed Public Consultation to help develop Parish Council Objectives. Councillor Thacker-Vuts presented the key aspects of the briefing paper circulated by Councillor Johnny Scrimgeour prior to the meeting. There was discussion on the plans to communicate the event to the residents throughout the whole parish. Councillor Thacker-Vuts explained that various mechanisms will be used including the Golden Valley News, Hereford Times, social media, and the Parish Council website. It was RESOLVED to include a leaflet drop to make sure as wide a coverage as possible is achieved and apart from outlying properties it is hoped the leaflets will be delivered by hand. Councillor Thacker-Vuts explained that it is intended to run the event on both a Friday and Saturday to ensure there is every opportunity for residents to attend. To staff the event properly Councillor Thacker-Vuts hoped that all Councillors will make themselves available for part of the two days. In conclusion, Councillors approved the following recommendations:
- The Parish Council undertakes a public consultation supported by a budget of no more than £350.
- The public consultation to take place on 5th and 6th November 2021.
- The results of the public consultation to be reported to the Parish Council at the meeting scheduled for the 16th November 2021.
The Chairman moved a resolution to exclude members of the public from the following confidential item.
- To consider those residents who applied to join the Parish Council– After interviewing two candidates Councillors RESOLVED to invite Isabelle Hancorn to join the Parish Council.
The Chairman closed the meeting at 20.55 hrs